Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun


May I just say that trick-or-treating in 80 degree weather is LAME. But fun was had by all. As we started our evening, all of the kids were hootin' and hollerin' about how they were going to trick-or-treat for hours. Needless to say, about 45 minutes in I was hearing "Mom can you hold my bucket?"and "Can we go home now?".

The three older kids planned their own costumes. Although, I admit I had a blast helping Katie with hers. Cutest Little Witch in the West.

I shopped for an orange sweatsuit for Alex so I could make a tiger costume, but no dice. So he landed Nate's Anakin Skywalker getup from last year. He was the cutest little Jedi you ever saw.

Alex had an interesting trick-or-treat strategy. For the first few houses, he was just happy to get one piece of candy. But everyone thought he was so cute, they would give him handfuls. Eventually when he was handed only one piece, he would quietly say, "One more, peas". They thought he was so cute, they kept giving him MORE! By the time we were done, I think his bucket was about 3 lbs heavier than the others kids'!




Katie decided she wanted to be a witch instead of a princess this year. I guess it happens at some point in every woman's life. :-P But, tell me I'm not going to be in trouble with this one and her big brown eyes...



The boys begged to be soldiers, so I scavenged through Savers and found some legit fatigues. Dad lended us some of his pins and voila! Here's a "before" picture and a"midway-through-before-we-crashed" picture.

Nathan had his own particular way of trick-or-treating. This was his exact line at every single house. I think he rehearsed it before hand.

"Trick-or-treat! How are you? I hope you're good. Happy Halloween and Thank you!"

Sometimes he didn't even wait for their answer. He just streamed right through that, took the candy and bailed. :-)




Darrick carrying Alex after his Jedi powers were drained.



We had a blast! We even topped off the night with a visit to Grandma and Steve at Steve's football game. (Darn it! I should have taken a picture of Steve playing his tuba and hanging all over the girls in the brass section. :-P)

0 comments: