Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween Fun

Yes. Yes. I know. It looks like Kirsten blogs 4 times a year. Once on Halloween. Once on Thanksgiving. Once on Christmas. And one random post thrown in for good measure.

So here's Halloween!

I came down with the flu on Friday while at work. I thought about not going trick-or-treating at all, or just sending Darrick out with them, but we actually went all out this year and got them the costumes they wanted. Plus they'd hate me. "Mom! You promised!" So we went. Two clone troopers, a vampiress, a tiger, and an escaped detainee from the CDC swine flu prison.



(I apologize for the picture quality. I have a pretty nice digital camera, but failed to check for kid gunk on the lens. *sigh* )

Ethan and I are terribly uncoordinated when it comes to taking pictures. He always tries to smile for me and I always seem to catch him in between the sigh and the smile. "Oh fine, Mom. Cheese!"

Nate was soooo pumped for Halloween this year! It was funny because he and Ethan looked so much alike in their costumes (even with the masks off), that a couple of times Nate was turned away from candy because they said "You just came up here kiddo! You already got some!". He sort of smiled and said "Oh sorry!". I had to take Ethan up there next to Nate so they could see my twin clone troopers and hook Nate up with some candy.

And there's always this one house where the family goes all out. Every year they dress up, sit outside, and jump out of bushes to scare people. Every year. Same house. Same bush. So we walked up to the house, the kids knowing what was going to happen. Nate must have forgotten though because when the guy jumped out, he screamed and dropped all his candy, then stood there completely frozen. Freddie Kreuger helped him pick up his candy, gave him a hug and said sorry. :-)

I'm not sure what pose this is, but how super cute! Katie looks like the nice vampiress that cares for baby animals. Maybe she runs a shelter.
Just too cute. :-)


I asked Katelyn to give me her "devilish vampire grin". This is what I got.



And here in the backyard after I showed her what "devilish" looked like.



Alex was so siked for that tiger outfit! He still puts it on and chases the kids around the backyard. I tried to film it for you guys but the kids keep stealing the batteries out of all the electronics for the Xbox controllers. So I tried to use both cameras and neither had batteries. Foiled again!

Ethan and Alex playing trick-or-treat in their little house.

Nate the clone trooper. (He begged for this pose. If only you could hear the sound effects.)
That's Halloween! We'll see you at Thanksgiving! :-P

0 comments: