Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blasted at Bowling

Yes, the bumpers were up. No, I did not win. Yes, I was trying!

Nate the Great, aka Happy Gilmore. I call Nate's style of bowling "Any Lane Bowling". He starts at the edge of the platform and runs full speed, tosses his ball in the air like it's a softball and then yells "YES!". Not because the ball has met the pins yet...no. He's yelling YES! because his ball actually landed in his own lane.



Ethan is the serious bowler. He almost bought a bowling ball for his birthday. He adds the scores up in his head before the computer does. I don't even know how the computer adds them. He figured it out by watching the screen. Brilliant kid.



Katie was granny bowling for a while but eventually asked if she could learn the right way. The ball was too heavy for her to hold with her fingers, so she and I ran down the lane together like conjoined twins - her fingers in the holes but my hand under the ball. But we didn't throw it once we got up to the lane. She insisted we stop and count to 3.

0 comments: